Image from here, because i don't want to put my photo here :p
Started on monday i struggled to pump 4-5 times a day at office. Tough in power pumping it said that you have to pump for 20-30 minutes every hour. Yes, every hour! Ofcourse i can't do it at office and still it wasn't easy for me to pump every 2-3 hours. But i did :D
On monday i gained 300 ml breastmilk, on Tuesday i gained 295 ml. I wasn't very satisfied with the result because i was expecting more than that. Before Asha was sick and started her meal, i could get at least 300 ml *or even more* a day from 3 times pumping. How come after practicing power pumping i gained less breastmilk than usual? But i refused to give up because i want to give Asha the best i could give, breastmilk.
On third day *today*, i feel that finally it works on me. I pumped 2 times and i gained 190 ml, nearly 100 ml per pump. Almost back to normal result. Yeaayy! I'm so confident that i can bring more breastmilk fo Asha today. I'm so happy, i wanna dance! :D
Image from here. I hope my freezer full of bottles of expressed breastmilk again soon
Here i want to share my tips on practicing power pumping,
- The poin is, never give up. Tough at first i don't get the result as i expected, just don't give up. Keep pumping. It will show the result for sure.
- Keep positive thinking. Believe that your body is on its way to increase breastmilk production.
- Be grateful on every result you get
- Increase your pumping schedule, if necessary you can pump every hour. Or it's still okay i guess if you only able to pump 2-3 hours a day like me.
*oh i don't even pump 2-3 hours a day, only during office hour, but it still works*
- Play some music to make you relax.
*i put my headphone and play my mp3 list or listen to the radio during pumping session. i pump my breast in 1,5-2 songs each. i don't get bored and have enough time to pump each breast. don't change pumping breast often in short period of time, the result won't maximum*
- Don't be too cc oriented. Just ignore the cc bars on your bottle, it will make you stress and it will affect the result. Try not to stare at cc bars. Enjoy your pumping momment, enjoy the music playing, and viola... more breastmilk in bottle.
- Be strict on schedule. Don't let yourself leave one pumping time. This time you have to be more discipline.
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat nutricious food and supplement.
*for supplement i take two spoons of date concentrate and 2 glasses of soya milk a day*
Enjoy your power pumping experience and good luck :D